Giacomo Puccini – Gianni Schicchi
Recorded in Belgium, 1993.
About this Opera:
Gianni Schicchi is an opera in one act by Giacomo Puccini to an Italian libretto by Giovacchino Forzano, based on a story that is referred to in Dante’s The Divine Comedy. It is the third of the trio of operas known as Il trittico. Its first performance was at the Metropolitan Opera in 1918. The opera is best known for the soprano aria, O mio babbino caro (Oh, my dear papa), which has featured in a number of movies and other works.
Gianni Schicchi was first performed at the Metropolitan Opera on December 14, 1918 with the other two operas of Il trittico. It premiered in Rome on January 11, 1919 and eventually became the most frequently performed of the three one-act operas that make up Il trittico.
In September 2008, film director Woody Allen made his operatic debut with Gianni Schicchi. The production starred baritone Sir Thomas Allen, soprano Laura Tatulescu and tenor Saimir Pirgu. The role of the deceased Buoso Donati was played by comic actor Brently Heilbron.
01. Povero Buoso! (3:36)
02. O Simone? (3:47)
03. Ai mei cugini Zita e Simone (2:53)
04. Dunque era vero! (2:17)
05. E non c’é nessun mezzo (2:15)
06. Firenze e come un albero fiorito (2:35)
07. Quale aspetto sgomento e desolato! (3:29)
08. O Mio Babbino Caro (2:08)
09. Datemi il testamento! (1:54)
10. Nessuno sa che Buoso ha reso il fiato? (3:08)
11. Era uguale la voce? (2:51)
12. A me i poderi di Fuccechio (2:26)
13. Ecco la cappelina! (3:03)
14. Prima un avvertimento (2:15)
15. Ecco il notaro (8:43)
16. Ladro! (1:14)
17. Lauretta mia, staremo sempre qui (2:33)
Stereo, DDD, mp3, 320 kbps, 122.46 Mb, 51:076 minutes. Covers, info & synopsis included.